Travel Behaviour Change in Schools
Safer Routes to School is an initiative run by Sustrans, which encourages children to walk and cycle to school through a range of practical and educational measures.
DXD software allows for remote programming of school road safety products from the comfort of your office.
Programming remotely through the 3G network:
- Remove health and safety concerns of working at height
- Significant cost savings for annual programming
- Save hundred of hours in driving time by programming remotely
- Cost efficient 3G and 4G contracts at data rates a lot lower than many customers expect
- Huge network coverage courtesy of our network SIM cards
- Make instant change to schedules
- Remote fault monitoring reduces maintenance costs
Temporary 20mph Zones
Establish 20mph traffic calming at critical periods for child safety around the beginning and end of the school day without disrupting traffic at other times.
School safety signage focuses on the critical periods of the day for child road safety - the beginning and end of the school day. Many road saftey utilise the DHF Series 6, which automates the use of warning signals to drivers to the required times. This creates a signal at the critical periods without disrupting traffic at other times.
20mph zones signs:
- Create a prominent warning to drivers of the advisory 20mph limit
- Utilise LED’s to enhance visibility, reduce power consumption and last for years
- Are fully-encapsulated shells, meaning single resilient unit
Speed Indicator Signs
Speed Indicator Signs accurately measure the oncoming vehicles speed and displays this value to the driver. A number of variations are available, including portable versions that can be carried and installed on different sites by a single person. The sign face itself can also display a number of different messages along with the speed.
SIDs are cost effective compared with road humps, chicanes and other expensive measures, they pose no problem for emergency vehicles, whilst noise and nuisance are totally absent.
Transport for London Street Management’s Report on the Effectiveness of SIDS Reducing Vehicle Speeds concluded that SIDs are effective at reducing speeds, reducing speeds 200 metres downstream of the sign and a collision reduction of 5.6%.
Intelligent Safety Signs
A number of sensors and triggers from external sources can be used to activate displays on an LED sign.
Triggers include over-height vehicle detection, flood warning, temperature controlled signs or wind speed notices. Signs can also be controlled directly from external RESTful API's such as weather feeds or tidal warnings.
Depending on the sensors used, traffic data collection is also an option for intelligent signs.
This means that as well as giving a warning to motorists through the activated sign face, you are able to keep of track of traffic volumes, speeds and trends at each sign location. Classification sensors for vehicle type are frequently used for this purpose
Traffic data can be presented graphically and can be viewed remotely via central cloud software.
Cloud Systems for Product Manufacturers
DXD can help you integrate your road safety products and services with third-party web apps or standalone web interfaces via new or existing APIs.
Whether you have a public API that exposes your system infrastructure to third parties, or your application communicates with an external source, our experienced API developers can open open up your systems to a whole new world of possibilities.
- Monitor and control your remote hardware via the internet
- Create value-added services for you customer via existing data
- Capture Connect your products to allow advanced online reporting and management